The Top Ten Emerging Technologies of 2013February 15, 2013
This list was compiled by the World Economic Forum, and at least half of them are related to energy production or efficiency:
1. OnLine Electric Vehicles (OLEVs)
4. Energy Efficient Water Purification
5. Carbon Dioxide Conversion and Use
9. Organic Electronics and Photovoltaics
10. Fourth-Generation Reactors and Nuclear Waste Recycling
Personally, I think that #5 should be #1, but the WEF has the real game changer wrong there. They think it is photosynthetic bacteria, but I believe that the Olah plant in Iceland will prove that the production of methanol from CO2 is commercially viable, enhancing the energy return on fossil fuels while at the same time reducing their environmental impact.